W/E Cruise & BBQ cancelled, however …
DIY lunchtime BBQ on Sunday at Cees, starting 11:00, bring your ‘to cook’ & drinks
Monday night ‘novice’ Sailing
Meet crews in the clubhouse at 5:00, race starts 6:00
Upcoming Social Event – Tuesday 4th April
Ladies night incl dinner and a movie. Too good to miss, Tuesday April 4th at 6:30.
Russell Short Ships Race
Short Ships’ Race is going to be held again this year, with a good high tide on Saturday, the 4th of March. Last year was our first race, an event intended to broaden the scope of the Russell Boating Club, and to have an event with the same light-hearted flavour as Tall Ships’ Race, but for “hand-powered vessels”.
We’re improving several aspects of the races that didn’t go so well last year and are hoping for more entrants, more costumes, better organization, and, of course, good weather! Please do join the fun.
The only requirements are that you bring a vessel, oars or paddle, suitable life jacket, and $10 for the entry fee. Adult only. Early registration is available by calling Sandra on 021-112-3687.
- Registration will start at 0800 at the Russell Boating Club.
- At 9:15 there will be a briefing
- the races will have staggered starts from 1000.
- A sausage sizzle with vegetarian option and salads will be on offer after the races and the prize-giving. Spot prizes will be included and the
- bar will open at noon.
- This year’s rowboat and paddleboard course will be similar to last year’s course
- The kayak/waka course will venture into Russell waterfront so that people there can be spectators for the race.
- Both courses will include some silly challenges and surprises.
Short Ships is organised by the Russell Lady Kayakers.
Did you know you can hire the club for special events?
Great space for weddings, birthdays or other special events.
Contact Shelia: firstname.lastname@example.org for details
come and join us for an informal evening (free drink and meal) and learn about wonderful Indonesia. Everyone welcome!!!