To encourage and support a broad range of boating activities, and to provide and maintain a suitable clubhouse and associated facilities for the recreational and social use of its members and the wider local community.
The Opua Cruising Club will be a year-round yacht club providing programs for its members, their families, and their guests. The Club will support and endorse boating and boating education and will provide social and recreational amenities that satisfy its membership. The Club will be family oriented and will maintain an inviting atmosphere that will encourage members to make it their first choice for entertaining their family, friends, and associates. The Club will strive to be the “preferred community” for its members.
Goals and Objectives
- The Committee will be open, attentive and responsive to the membership.
- The Committee will govern and manage the club in a manner that is fiscally responsible.
- The Committee will maintain a continuous strategic planning process ensuring membership involvement that best meets the vision.
- Maintain a full membership and recruit new members.
- Support a volunteer committee structure
- Establish and nurture qualified reciprocal club relationships.
- Promote OCC leadership in local, national and offshore racing.
- Nurture and maintain a core group of internationally recognized race officials.
- Keep a facility that meets the Club’s needs for storing member centreboard boats, hosting regattas and races, and promoting its Junior and Adult programs of skill development and boating safety.
- Encourage and support active member participation in Club sponsored local and long distance cruising events.
- Maintain a range of dining options that meet the needs of the members.
- Nurture a “good neighbour” relationship within the community.
- The Club will provide an environment where members will treat club employees with dignity and respect.