At last we have a bit more freedom to move around and more businesses will be able to open up under Covid 19 Alert Level 2.
Bar/Restaurant and Social Events
There will be some changes to the way we operate:
• Everyone will be required to sign in to a contact tracing register at the door on the way into the Club.
• Patrons will be required to be seated within their groups, groups will be less than 10 people.
• We will have no more than 100 people on the premises at any one time.
• You will be responsible for maintaining your own social distancing once in the club, we will be setting out the tables in such a way to make this easy for you.
• There will be table service, you will not be allowed to approach the Bar/Restaurant counter unless it is to pay as you leave.
• One payment per group/table (to minimise the amount or people who have to approach the counter to pay)
• We prefer that you load money onto your membership card and use that to pay, as we can do that contactlessly. We have a paywave eftpos terminal on order but it may not be here in time for opening. In order to take advantage of the Bar discount you get when paying with your membership card (10% for full members and 5% for associate members) please load money onto your membership card prior to the club opening again. This can be done by making an online bank transfer to our bank account ASB 12-3102-0016955-00 . Use your Membership number, surname and ‘Bar Card’ as references. The funds will be then added to your card and you can use it to pay for your bar purchases (Meals will be eftpos as usual).
• Our staff will sanitise all touch surfaces and the toilets on a regular basis throughout the evenings and be responsible for their own social distancing and hygiene practices.
We will start the Winter Racing season off on Sunday May 24th with the 2 Sail Winter series Race 1 as per the Calendar. Start time 1300h. Complete your entry form on the website http://opuacruisingclub.co.nz/racing/race-entry-form/
Skippers will be responsible for controlling the environment aboard their boats with regards to ensuring Social Distancing and Hygiene practices are carried out.
We strongly encourage all who plan on being involved in ‘On the Water’ activities to familiarise themselves with the Government recommendations for sports;-
• Cleaning and Hygiene – All participants should wash and dry their hand before and after partaking in any play, active recreation or sport. Ideally, they should be advised of this in advance of attending to allow time for this to happen safely. Measures should be taken to minimise the sharing of equipment if possible. Equipment must be washed and dried before and after use.
• Boat and shared equipment to be washed extensively prior to and post sailing. Where equipment is unable to be sanitised, for example ropes, a withholding period could be considered to allow any virus particles on these surfaces to die, e.g. 120 hours between uses.
• All crew understand the information regarding precautions for managing Covid-19 and keeping themselves safe
• Don’t share food or beverages
• Follow good hand washing hygiene protocols – sanitisers, hand washing and drying.